Dangerous and toxic foods for the cat
Posted on December 18 2018
Sometimes, the desire is irresistible to give a piece of chocolate to your cat, or a food that we consume, human, with passion, but which proves to be very dangerous or even deadly for your pet 4-legged.
- The chocolate must be forgotten for your cat. His ingestion is bad for his heart. Indeed, chocolate, and especially black, contains theobromine, which influences the heart rate and increases it. This can make your cat hyperactive, who will eventually experience vomiting and diarrhea.
- All salt- based foods should be excluded from their diet. Indeed, salt causes problems in the kidneys of your cat. It will eliminate less toxins that accumulate in his body. For this purpose, canned tuna , too salty, is unsuitable for your cat.
- Another food that can attack the kidneys: grapes . It is therefore not advisable to give him any.
- The alcohol is obviously forbidden. It causes multiple symptoms such as vomiting, pain, loss of appetite, dehydration.
- The dairy products . No, your cat is not a big fan of milk. Once weaned, this drink should be banned because it no longer supports lactose and may vomit and have diarrhea. In addition, the milk is too fat.
- The onion and garlic destroy red blood cells of your cat and cause of anemia. They are so qualified as very toxic and should never be given to your pet.
- A food like avocado is to forget. It is high in fat and causes stomach upset and pancreatitis. Fats are more generally to be forgotten. Thus, we can add to this list candies , fried foods or all pastries .
- No, your cat is not a big consumer of raw fish . It is even inadvisable to give it because this fish destroys vitamin B of your companion. The fault of an enzyme. If your cat has vitamin B deficiencies, it can lead to coma. It is therefore a potentially deadly place.
- Never give bones or fish bones to your cat, which could choke on it. In addition, even if it reaches the intestines, it can cause perforation of this intestine or block the transit.
- The browns and chestnuts cause irreversible liver damage your cat. What's more, they also have a significant neurological impact.
- The tea and coffee have the effect of poison your protected and cause vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, fever ... Many sodas are also prohibited.