How to protect your pet in an emergency
Posted on March 30 2018
How to protect your pet in an emergency?
- Know the warning systems of your locality and the alert phases of each natural disaster.
- Get a rescue alert sticker and stick it in a visible place, this to indicate that you have pets at home.
- Design an evacuation route for emergencies. Make sure you do a simulation so that both your family and your pet can know the way.
- Accustom your pet to enter and leave the carrier cage so that it does not show resistance in case of an evacuation.
- Make sure your pet has an ID or chip with updated data, so you can locate it in any emergency.
- Keep all deworming information and vaccines in a safe place, it is important in case of disaster you can check the health of your pet.
- Keep current printed or digital photos, to use in case they get lost.
- Organize an emergency kit for your pet *
- Non perishable food
- Bottles or thermos with water
- Transporter with blanket and toy.
- Strap and Collar.
- Copy of vaccination card
- Bags for waste or newspaper
- External antiseptic, repellent, painkillers and a pack of gauze
- Ampoules or treatments for fleas and ticks
- Special medications (in case your pet needs them)