Main allergies in pets
Posted on March 29 2018
Allergies also called hypersensitivity reactions , are responses of the immune system of our dog or cat, against a foreign element in your body called allergen.
This response of the immune system is what causes the symptoms that we can detect in our pet:
What are the main symptoms?
- Irritation or redness of the skin.
- Rashes, rashes and sores
- Inflammation in parts of the body
- Frequent shaking, scratching, and sneezing
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Excess in hair loss
- Red, inflamed eyes
There are many types of allergies, although the most common are the following:
- Food allergy: This type of allergy is often caused by a hypoallergenic food . It is advisable to consult the veterinarian to help us find the ingredient that causes the allergy.
Recommendation : Some of the most common allergens in dogs and cats are: chicken, wheat, eggs, corn and soy. Look for grain-free natural food and recipes that help supplement your nutrition.
- Atopic allergy: This allergy is caused by a hypersensitivity or reaction to some environmental components that we call allergens, the most common are dust mites, pollen, among others.
Recommendation : To avoid atopic allergies, brush it at least once a day, during the pest season, bathe it constantly, and use products such as ampoules or shampoos for fleas and garratas.
- Dermal allergy: This type of allergy is caused when allergens come into contact with the skin of the pet. Generally, they are allergic to the bites of certain insects, such as ticks or fleas .
Recommendation : Keep your pet's environment clean (interior and exterior). Use non-toxic cleaning products.