The growing trend of obesity in dogs
Posted on May 21 2018
Obesity is an epidemic that is not only affecting Americans but also dogs. Are not you sure if your dog weighs more than it should? Your vet can tell you but you can tell by just touching him between the ribs and the spine. If you have a hard time feeling the thorax is because you suffer from overweight since between the skin and the ribs, there should not be much fat.
As people to your dog,obesity can cause diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, breast cancer, osteoarthritis, bladder problems, cardiopulmonary problems, among others. In addition to that can also affect their mobility and quality of life. Everyone wants their dogs to have a healthy life and live a long and active life with us but about 50% of dogs in US are overweight. Here are some tips that will help you take care of your dog's weight and put it on a diet in a fun and healthy way:
- Exercise is extremely important: If you do not have time to take your dog for a walk, hire a trainer / dog walker to take him for a walk and exercise. Your dog must be active for at least 10 - 15 minutes three or four times a day. Help your furry to move so you burn calories and maintain your ideal weight. Check out these dog accessories that will help you get out and exercise with your dog.
- Purchasing one automatic feeder. Nowadays, overweight and obesity in pets have become widespread. No wonder, figuring out how much your pets actually eat / should eat, is tricky and time-consuming. And one automatic dog feeder becomes important.
- Take care of the amount you feed your dog: Normally dog food is not the one that causes overweight your dog, but the excess rewards and leftovers you give him are those that make him fat. Follow the suggestions of the table of recommended portions and frequencies (always take into account the age and breed of your dog) in the prizes / dog food that you will give your dog and avoid giving leftovers, remember the food for Human is for humans.
- Dishes that help you eat slower: As with humans, fast eating makes your dog hungry and want to continue eating. Have you seen how your dog struggles to find and eat grass food? This dog dish does the same and helps your furry eat slower and thus do not have the feeling of not having eaten, this system will help you lose weight, be healthier and stimulate mentally and physically.
- Food / Prizes to help you lose weight: Today there is food, croquettes and low-calorie prizes that will help your dog to reduce and maintain your weight. This food and dog prizes contain the amount of calories needed for your dog to be healthy and not gain weight.
- Training to win the food: Sometimes it is forgotten that the furry we are made to hunt, collect and work to obtain our food. Most furry ones are used to receiving food without trying. Try to put a routine in which you give it to eat after you exercise or do something to earn your croquettes and prizes. This is going to help your furry to be more active.
Wopet helps pet parents protect their pets more carefully. Wopet offer best automatic dog / cat feeder,fashion dog / cat carrier,dog / cat booster seat when pet parents are out for work or vacation . Wholesale please contact with email@example.com