Tips to care for older dogs
Posted on March 29 2018
Growth in every human being is a stage of life. The first thing you should know is that the old age of dogs depends on their size , so take into account, at what time you should start giving special care to your best dog friend.
At what age do they start being senior dogs?
- Small dogs: Up to 10 kilos, they are considered to be older than 8 years old and can reach between 13 and 16 years of age.
- Medium dogs: They weigh between 11 and 25 kilos and have an average life of approximately 13 years, are considered older dogs from 7 years .
- Big Dogs: Dogs that weigh between 26 and 40 kilos have a life expectancy of 10 years, are considered older dogs from 6 years.
- Giant dogs : The giant dogs are those that weigh more than 41 kilos. They have an average life of approximately 9 years, beginning old age at 5 years.
Tips to take care of my dog Senior:
- Help your dog to exercise: A senior dog needs a minimum of thirty minutes of daily physical activity to stay healthy and not fall into sedentary life.
- Control your healthy weight: Change your diet, reduce the amount of calories, add more protein and try to combine your croquettes with some wet food. Avoid sudden changes so that your dog does not suffer digestive discomfort.
- Program frequent visits to the veterinarian: Due to age will present hearing problems, visual or obesity to diseases that can affect essential parts of your body, such as kidney failure, gastrointestinal disorders, heart disease or cancer.
- Show him much more love and love him! It is clear that everyone needs our care and love, but it is essential that adult dogs show their unconditional love and understand their changing needs.
- Try your appearance: Bathe more often, brush your hair, cut your nails and take care of your teeth cleaning.
"Old age is another stage in the dog's life, not a disease"
Please, do not forget to have patience and give them a lot of love.