What to do if your puppy is bitten by a bee?

Posted on May 21 2018

What to do if your puppy is bitten by a bee?

All dogs are curious by nature; They love running and chasing things ... including insects.

Most of the time, bee stings will only cause your puppy irritations and some insignificant pain, however, if it is stung more than once or if it stings inside the mouth and throat, it can be dangerous and it will be necessary to visit the vet.

It should be noted that what causes the pain to your puppy is not as the bite but the small amount of poison that injects him.

Hopefully it never happens to them, but they know what to do if their puppies are stung by bees?


In case your puppy is bitten by a bee, it can present symptoms such as:

  • Allergic reaction
  • Weakness
  • Respiratory problems
  • Fever
  • Excessive swelling

The most dangerous areas where you can receive the picket are the neck and face , so special care must be taken because it can block the respiratory tract and cause suffocation .

What do I do if a bee stung my dog?

If your furry bee stings a bee in areas such as the nose , legs or neck, it is important that you take it to the veterinarian as soon as possible.

In case you get bitten in another not so sensitive area, it is best to remove the sting yourself. Simply separate your dog's hair with your fingers and pull out the stinger using the edge of a credit card. If the stinger is very buried, avoid removing it because if you break it, it is likely that the poison contained in the sting is released. The ideal is to remove the sting immediately to avoid any negative effects, especially if you are not sure if your dog is allergic to bee stings or not.

Once the sting is removed, you can apply with great care a solution made with a glass of water and a teaspoon of baking soda after washing with water and neutral soap.

When applying it, avoid rubbing, you should simply wash it carefully to avoid infections.

For inflammation you can try to place some ice on a clean cloth and place it on the bite for about 15 minutes. Some puppies do not hold much so it is important that you notice their reaction.

You must be monitoring your dog to see if it does not develop an allergic reaction.

If you take it to the veterinarian, you can ask about the use of antihistamines to reduce pain and combat the symptoms of the bite.

Wopet helps pet parents protect their pets more carefully. Wopet offer best automatic dog / cat feeder,fashion dog / cat carrier,dog / cat booster seat when pet parents are out for work or vacation . Wholesale please contact with support@wopetshop.com

Recent Posts